Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Zurich, Switzerland

The city of banks. We got in around noon, dropped our stuff off at the
hostel and headed downtown. We explored aroundfor a while. Saw two
churches with sick stained glass windows. Napped by the waterfront of
the Llmat river. Yes we nap a lot. Traveling is tiring. When then
checked my email at mcdonalds because Brindley, a friend of mine had a
family friend who actually lives in Zurich and had offered to help us
out with a place to stay and possiblyshowing us around too. We had a
response from her, her name is Giannina, and we arranged for her to
pick us up downtown after going back and getting our stuff from the
hostel. I can't really say enough good things about Giannina and her
son Kristof. They were amazing to us and a can't thank them enough. We
stayed at their house in a suburb of zurich called Zomikon for two
nights and had great meals and times with them. The full day we spent
with them we headed to a mountain town called Arosa which involved
taking a twisting road of some 300 or more turns to get there. We had
lunch there and went on about a 2 hour hike seeing more of the
beautiful alps. We headed backandwent downtownfor dinner and a beer.
It was such a pleasure getting to know both of them and I def feel I
have some new friends whom I will be sure to stay in contact with.
Can't wait to pay all the help and kindness I have recieved lately in
my life forward. On to Munich for some beer and brats. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment